Friday 14 June 2019

Wednesday night's set llsts at The Bit, York

Ron Elderly: -
Autumn Leaves
Love Is The Drug
Just My Imagination*


Da Elderly: -
You've Got A Friend
I Believe In You
I Don't Want To Talk About It*


The Elderly Brothers: -
All I Have To Do Is Dream
When Will I Be Loved
Crying In The Rain
I Saw Her Standing There


* there was a second set at the end of the night for those still around who wanted to play again

What started out as a mild, dry night in York turned foul, hence The Elderlys' inclusion of Crying In The Rain in their set. The Habit was busy for most of the evening with a boisterous and enthusiastic audience. Previous host Dave was standing in for Simon and he kicked-off proceedings with Bob Dylan's Don't Think Twice It's All Right. There were one or two new performers including a couple from Boroughbridge who covered Tom Petty's Free Fallin', Simon and Garfunkel's Mrs Robinson and The Beatles' If I Fell. As we went round for a second time they sang Paul Simon's Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard. Taxi driver Chris and his wife arrived mid-way through proceedings and he asked me to accompany him on Neil Young's Birds, Only Love Can Break Your Heart and Sam Cooke's Bring It On Home To Me. With a full-ish house at the close of the open mic, The Elderlys ran through some lively Elvis, Chuck Berry, Springsteen and Beatles numbers unplugged and folks got up to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment