Saturday 1 June 2019

Wednesday night's set lists at The Habit, York


Ron Elderly: -
Sweet Virginia
Just My Imagination


Da Elderly: -
Long Time Gone
Midnight On The Bay


The Elderly Brothers: -
Mailman, Bring Me No More Blues
Bring It On Home To Me
Then I Kissed Her
When Will I Be Loved
I Saw Her Standing There


The bar was full for most of the evening for The Habit open mic, with plenty of players and punters. Regular, and harmonica virtuoso, Tim joined host Simon for some bluesy numbers (pictured above) including a vigorous rendition of Leiber/Stoller's Kansas City. Tim later joined The Elderlys on their first two numbers. Ron sported his new harmonica brace on Sweet Virginia. Having seen earlier in the evening that it was 50 years to the day since the release of Crosby Stills and Nash (known to fans as The Couch Album), I paid tribute with David Crosby's Long Time Gone, with folks adding harmonies too. For the after-show acoustic jam, Ron and I were joined by regular Debbie and a posse of punters to sing the night away until closing time. Another grand night of Habit mayhem!

No comments:

Post a Comment