Friday 23 November 2018

Wednesday night's set lists at The Habit, York

Da Elderly (right) with two drunken fans

The Elderly Brothers: -
He'll Have To Go
Walk Right Back


Ron Elderly: -
Make You Feel My Love
Need Your Love So Bad
You Better Move On


Da Elderly: -
Via Con Dios
I Believe In You
One Of These Days


The Elderly Brothers: -
When Will I Be Loved
The Price Of Love
All My Loving
Then I Kissed Her
I Saw Her Standing There


We ended up running the show as our usual host was poorly and so started off with a couple of songs to open the proceedings. It was very quiet for the first hour or so, so we gave players 3 songs instead of the usual 2 and as others arrived we got through without any hitches.....apart from not getting the reverb unit to work (only one player noticed!!). After my set, kicking off with a Les Paul and Mary Ford classic, I accompanied taxi-driver Chris on Bring It On Home To Me, Birds and Only Love Can Break Your Heart. After closing with some up-tempo Elderlys standards, the audience wanted more, so we continued playing requests (wherever we could) unplugged until closing time. We even played Happy Birthday to an appreciative punter. Great fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment