Sunday 19 July 2009

BIGGEST ANTI-CLIMAX IN SPORTING HISTORY

Tom Watson failing to win the Open has to be the most depressing anti-climax in the history of sport. Damn Stewart S(Cink)ing Feeling. Some US circuit regular winning the claret jug has so little resonance with anybody (apart from him and his near-and-dear). Watson winning on the eve of his 60th birthday was just the boost Da, and men of his crusty calibre, needed. "I lift this up to God," Kitchen Sink said in his ungracious acceptance speech. Fuck that. His victory proved there is no God, only a malevolent force refusing to provide a depressed globe with some much-needed hope and inspiration. Amen.
But Tom, you could have spared us. Two putts to win on the 18th... Maybe I'm taking it too seriously. But I do have swine flu. (Pelaw Jim).

3 comments:

  1. Exactly. Where is the magic? Mundanity rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been crusty. Crumbly maybe but never crusty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your neck da. It was crusty. I hate your self-denial.

    ReplyDelete