Friday 19 July 2019

Wednesday night's set lists at The Habit, York

Ron Elderly: -
Just My Imagination
Make You Feel My Love


Da Elderly: -
I'm Just A Loser
On The Beach


The Elderly Brothers: -
When Will I Be Loved
Bus Stop
Then I Kissed Her
True Love Ways
The Price Of Love
I Saw Her Standing There

On an unexpectedly wet evening in York, The Habit was full-ish to full for most of the night. There were plenty of players too, enough for the whole show. There were one or two new faces including a young lass whose delivery reminded me of Kathryn Williams, Little Black Numbers period. Regular Deb sang a song of her own and a lovely interpretation of The Beatles' Golden Slumbers. Our previous host Dave (pictured) returned with his newly refurbished Washburn acoustic guitar and brought the house down with three superbly executed songs, accompanied by current host Simon. Ron gave us a fine reading of Dylan's Make You Feel My Love, much truer to the original than Bob's rendition (other descriptions are available) at Hyde Park last Friday! And I couldn't resist telling the tale of Neil's first band rendition of On The Beach since 1974, as delivered just for me in Antwerp last week. It went down surprisingly well considering its theme.....musings on his career ending imminently in abject failure....."...the world is turnin', I don't want to see it turn away". The Elderlys' set went down well too, compliments from some of the regulars, which was nice and a lady punter bought us a bevvy each. Deepjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment