Thursday 3 November 2016

Last night's set lists

At The Habit, York: -

Ron Elderly: -
Can't Help Falling In Love
Need Your Love So Bad


Da Elderly: -
I'm Just A Loser
I Don't Want To Talk About It

The Elderly Brothers: -
When Will I Be Loved
Bring It On Home To Me
Then I Kissed Her
All I Have To Do Is Dream
I Saw Her Standing There


After a fortnight in the far-flung reaches of the West Coast of the USA, it was good to return to the open mic at The Habit. There had been some work done while I was away - new benching around the window area and the wall where the wood-burner used to be - and no empty barrels to negotiate! There was a good turnout too - although never packed, the bar was busy all night. Several regulars turned out to play along with 3 or 4 newcomers, including a lass on keyboard who made a great impression on the audience with her virtuosity and vocal style. There was a warm welcome for the return of The Elderly Brothers and we gave them 5 'standards' from the book. Local musician Jake finished off the evening with fine renditions of Bowie's Heroes and Space Oddity.

No comments:

Post a Comment