Friday 12 April 2019

Wednesday night's set lists at The Habit, York


Ron Elderly: -
I'll See You In My Dreams
Dead Flowers


Da Elderly: -
They're All In It Together
I Saw The Light


The Elderly Brothers: -
When Will I Be Loved
All I Have To Do Is Dream
The Sound Of Silence
The Price Of Love
I Saw Her Standing There


On a very cold night in York, The Habit was virtually empty at about 8:30, but very soon people started to arrive, both players and punters. Within the hour the place was full and remained so for most of the night. Players continued to arrive and we went right through to close without having to recall anyone. Regular Debbie turned up with her recently formed trio Debris and surprised us with a sprightly Teach Your Children (photo above). For my solo set I dug out a song from 2011, dedicated to a former Prime Minister and previously posted on this very blog (31 Aug 2011). Our late and much missed FB Terry commented at the time "Bliddy Bolshie!" My second song was Todd Rundgren's 1972 minor hit (reached No.36 on the UK charts). The after-show jam was well received with folks joining in right through to close.

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog. Check it out every day. But, as I am from USA, I have a question. What is a punter? In the US, a "punter" is a player on a US football team. In terms of punt (square-ended boat) would a punter be an oarsman? I am Curious in America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Frank. Love the blog

    ReplyDelete