Friday 28 September 2018

Wednesday night's set lists at The Eagle and Child and The Habit, York

Image result for ian  and jim fridaynightboys blog
Men of the Ouseburn: Da Elderly entertains Terry with some filthy ribald humour

At The Eagle and Child

The Elderly Brothers: -
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Walk Right Back
He'll Have To Go
I Saw Her Standing There
Dead Flowers


We had a change of routine and started off at the Eagle & Child in High Petergate, sampling the food as well as the Leeds Pale. We anticipated getting no more than 4 songs and 'finished' with a rocker, only to be asked for another one!

At The Habit: -
Ron Elderly: -
Tell Me
I'll See You In My Dreams


Da Elderly: -
Harvest Moon
You've Got A Friend


The Elderly Brothers: -
No Reply
Sitting In The Park
You Really Got A Hold On Me
Another Saturday Night


It was a busy night for punters, not so for players and the list went round twice for those who fancied another song. There were some over-refreshed punters, a few of which were requested to keep the noise down at the front. The standard of players was excellent including some new to The Habit. A young singer/songwriter amused us with his songs about his ex's, notably one with a chorus which went "Thank goodness for late night shopping, I don't want to see your face for a while". Another lad played outstanding finger-style guitar on two Bill Withers songs - Ain't No Sunshine and Just The Two Of Us. After completing my set, regular Chris asked if I would accompany him - on Birds, Bring It On Home To Me and Only Love Can Break Your Heart. The Elderly Brothers finished the show and, having tipped off our host earlier in the evening to let me know when it reached midnight, I made the announcement that my buddy Ron had now achieved a significant birthday. The whole pub joined me in singing Happy Birthday - what a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment