Friday 4 October 2019

Wednesday night's set lists at The Habit, York


Ron Elderly: -
As Tears Go By
Wild Horses
Sweet Virginia
Just My Imagination
Lola
Suspicious Minds
The River
Promises
You Better Move On


Da Elderly: -
In The Morning Light
I'm Just A Loser
Like A Hurricane
Out On The Weekend
Tell Me Why
Heart Of Gold
Never Let Her Slip Away
You've Got A Friend
You're Sixty


The Elderly Brothers: -
Mailman, Bring Me No More Blues
Love Hurts
Then I Kissed Her
You Got It
Let It Be Me
I Saw Her Standing There


It was the quietest night for ages, particularly for players. Until a young chap came in at around 11:15, there was just me, Ron and host Simon at the mic. There weren't too many punters out either - maybe it was the Euro Footy games, certainly wasn't the weather, but those who did turn out were supportive and really enjoyed themselves. We took turns to play 3-song sets to fill up the night. I was surprised when two couples got up to dance to my pensioners' take on Johnny Burnette's You're Sixteen. After the young lad played his set, The Elderly Brothers finished off the show - I Saw Her Standing There bringing out the dancers again. Ron and I then played requests unplugged until closing time. Despite the poor turnout I think everyone had a good time, which is why we do this in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment