Thursday 3 May 2018

Last night's set lists at The Habit, York


Ron Elderly: -
Buddy Can You Spare A Dime
I'll See You In My Dreams


Da Elderly: -
Long May You Run
Midnight On The Bay


The Elderly Brothers: -
The Boxer
The Sound Of Silence
Walk Right Back
Bird Dog


The Habit was almost empty at 9pm, but by 9:30 was quite full and packed by 10. The audience was attentive and welcoming to new and not so new acts. The duo pictured gave us a great version of The Beatles' I'm A Loser. Another duo gave The Elderlys a shock by saying they would be playing a Simon and Garfunkel song (we'd already chosen our set list) and then surprised us with El Condor Pasa. My Neil Young album selection for this week was 1976's collaboration with Stephen Stills Long May You Run; I guess not many in the audience had heard Midnight On The Bay before, it was my first ever rendition! Another enjoyable acoustic jam followed the open mic, with plenty of contributions from players and punters alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment