Thursday 23 February 2017

Last night's set lists



At The Habit, York: -

Ron Elderly: -
Just My Imagination
Good Year For The Roses


Da Elderly: -
Out Of The Blue
In The Morning Light


The Elderly Brothers: -
Bye Bye Love
Walk Right Back
The Boxer
I Saw Her Standing There


Given the terrible weather and the imminent Storm Doris it was a pleasant surprise to find a rammed The Habit and a surfeit of players. These included several new duos: two boy/girl outfits wowed the audience with excellent harmonies and musicianship including "for our mums and dads" Queen's I Want To Break Free; probably my favourite was a bass/guitar duo who included Rodgers & Hammerstein's My Favourite Things and The Chordettes' Mr Sandman. Occasional regular and Beatles fan, Dave from Leeds put in a fine set with McCartney's Every Night and a spirited I Am The Walrus. The Elderly Brothers closed what had been a most enjoyable evening with the usual mixture of harmony-laden standards from the past.

Just to note that my recorded output, 2 Albums, an EP and a recent single are now available free gratis to listen to on Soundcloud. The 2 songs performed at the open mic Out Of The Blue and In The Morning Light are on the album Out Of The Blue at https://soundcloud.com/ian-ravenscroft-730965203/sets/out-of-the-blue


No comments:

Post a Comment