Friday 5 October 2018

Wednesday night's set lists at The Habit, York



Ron was poorly with a heavy cold and he has taken to his bed. Get well soon Ron.

Da Elderly (set 1): -
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Out On The Weekend


Da Elderly (set 2): -
I Don't Want To Talk About It
Mother's Lament


Although the bar was full for most of the night, we were rather short on players and so went around twice, hence two sets. The guy who wowed us last week with Bill Withers songs did another excellent job with Stevie Wonder's Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours. A lass delighted us with Corinne Bailey Rae's Put Your Records On and our host (pictured) gave us a great rendition of Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer. My opening song I first heard on a Grateful Dead bootleg, totally different from Blind Willie Johnson's original.......it's a Cumberland Arms favourite too! My closing song went down well with the late-nighters.....A mother was washing her baby one night...etc et

No comments:

Post a Comment