Thursday 30 September 2010

Da's doings

It was a case of Ambulence Blues on Monday night following a call from a certain well known nonagenarian from Blakelaw. My Heart was a pumpin' an' a thumpin' fit to bust so it was off to casualty for observation. Was I Too Far Gone and would the Old Man get me? Was it to be Sleeps With Angels or would I have the Will To Love? After 3 hours on the monitor the verdict was that I would live - to which the only answer was Pardon My Heart. On The Way Home I tried not to go Out Of My Mind and have been trying ever since.
For those of an inquisitive nature, the offer of some free beer on Friday night still stands, but I'll see how I'm feeling before deciding whether to Bite The Bullet.
Don't Be Denied.
Da

1 comment:

  1. Da underestimates how close he was to spending all eternity in a pine box. Staff worked on him through the night, every effort to revive him failed until one wise doc arrived with a pint of Deuchars. His body jerked and he yelped, George Bailey-style: "I want to live again!".

    ReplyDelete