Friday 12 February 2010

New Donald Fagen Album Only Light Years Away!

After Steely Dan tour, Donald Fagen eyes another solo album next year
By John Soeder, The Plain Dealer
November 09, 2009, 3:30PM

Steely Dan's Donald Fagen and Walter Becker are showcasing their back catalog on tour. For its upcoming two-night stand at E.J. Thomas Hall in Akron, Steely Dan will perform two of its classic albums from start to finish: “Aja” (1977) on Monday, Nov. 16, and “The Royal Scam” (1976) on Tuesday, Nov. 17.

Band co-founders Donald Fagen (vocals, keyboards) and Walter Becker (guitar) aren’t just living in the past, though.

“Walter and I keep tossing around ideas for another Steely Dan album, but there’s nothing set yet,” Fagen said during a recent phone interview.

Up next for him: another solo project.

“I have a bunch of songs that I’m set to record sometime in the spring,” Fagen said.

No, his next solo outing won’t pick up where his “Nightfly” trilogy (including 1982’s “The Nightfly,” 1993’s “Kamakiriad” and 2006’s “Morph the Cat”) left off.

“I’m really glad I’m through with that,” Fagen said.

“It was something I was sort of compelled to do, and I think I took that as far as it could go.

“This will be something lighter, just a one-off.”

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2009/11/after_steely_dan_tour_donald_f.html

1 comment: